Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Session Dates, etc.

Based on the blog poll and an informal polling of students who saw me after the polling closed, Mondays seem to work best for most of you.

I expect you to attend the four sessions, to do the reading, to complete the pre-session work and the post-session work. You're in college now, at least as far as AP English is concerned. So...

Get the time off from work. Get the books. Figure out when you will read and how much at each sitting. Check the blog and your email for updates. (I have no email addresses for Hidenori Ono, Megan Keegan, and Brianna Aloisio.)

If you plan time to get the reading done I think you'll find you will be able to do the work and do all the other summer things you look forward to.

Email me at my new AP English email address with any questions
apenglishghs@gmail.com (the beginning is the same as the blog)
[Oops I wrote the gmail address in the message I sent to you on Wednesday.]

Here is the schedule:
Monday July 6 from 8:00 am until we're done (we'll be done by noon).
Read Invisible Man through chapter 11 (page 250 in most editions)

Monday July 20 from 8:00 am until we're done
Read Invisible Man through the end.

Monday August 3 from 8:00 am until we're done.
Read Translations & Waiting for Godot.

Monday August 17 from 8:00 am until we're done.
Read Wide Sargasso Sea.

Don't forget to write a comment on the previous blog post. (If you can't do it you must let me know.)

I think that's enough for now.
Good luck with the rest of your exams.

James W. Cook
Gloucester High School

2 comments:

nFrye said...

Um, do we know what the "pre-session" and "post-session" writing is yet? I'm hoping that I didn't miss that memo.

Mr. J. Cook said...

Nope. I'll post the pre-session and post-session writing at the beginning of next week. (I'll send an email too.)